Apprecticeship – Manufacturing Engineer
- Location: Consett, County Durham, UK
- Capacity: Full Time
- Apply by: 21st July 2019
CAV™ is the leading provider of ice protection and drag reduction technology to general aviation, commercial aerospace, and defence markets worldwide.
Working alongside aircraft engineers, CAV™ assist in the design, testing, analysis, manufacture, integration and approval of unique technology solutions to overcome critical safety challenges and increase the efficiency of flight.
- Review customers and stakeholders’ requirements and identify opportunities to improve
service or product
- Identify, develop and implement new bespoke manufacturing/test machinery or process
improvements as agreed
- Deliver and implement capital projects to cost and within timeframes
- Support/Lead Shop floor improvement events using LEAN methodologies
- Support manufacturing processes and identify solutions to production/customer failures
utilising 8D methodology or similar
- Complete machinery risk assessments in compliance with PUWER 98 regulations
- Develop improved and/or updated SOP`s in line with changes to processes/new product launch
- Comply with Health and Safety and COSHH regulations and identify improvements in way
- Genuine interest in mechanical engineering
- Ability to follow instructions
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable with excellent timekeeping skills
- Hardworking and enthusiastic
- Strong organisational skills
At CAV™ systems we are proud to be an integral player in the Northern Powerhouse and that our European head office is based in Consett with easy access to Newcastle, Durham and the wonderful Northumberland and Lake District national parks. We are also privileged to have an American headquarters in Kansas to support our ever-expanding customer base across the globe.
This is an amazing time to be joining CAV™ Systems. We are proud of our unique proposition and our success to date and we are very optimistic about achieving our ambitious goals.