Apprenticeship – Brake Press Operator
- Location: Consett, County Durham, UK
- Capacity: Full Time
- Apply by: 21st July 2019
CAV™ is the leading provider of ice protection and drag reduction technology to general aviation, commercial aerospace, and defence markets worldwide.
Working alongside aircraft engineers, CAV™ assist in the design, testing, analysis, manufacture, integration and approval of unique technology solutions to overcome critical safety challenges and increase the efficiency of flight.
- Hand marking of press points/locations in accordance with pre-determined data provided
- Set up of press tooling in accordance with defined parameters.
- Operation of current brake-press machinery in order to form panel’s within a tight tolerance (typically ±0.1mm), in accordance with pre-determined target data provided by Engineering.
- Manual measurement of parts.
- Validation of correct final form using a variety of checking media.
- Completion of job travellers.
- Generally assisting the Engineering team in the continuing development of the process.
37.5 hours per week: Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:30pm, Friday 8:00am – 1:30pm
£5.13 per hour (£192.37 per week)
There are opportunities for progression within the role for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Genuine interest in the engineering industry
- Ability to follow instructions
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable with excellent timekeeping skills
- Hardworking and enthusiastic
At CAV™ Systems we are proud to be an integral player in the Northern Powerhouse and that our European head office is based in Consett with easy access to Newcastle, Durham and the wonderful Northumberland and Lake District national parks. We are also privileged to have an American headquarters in Kansas to support our ever-expanding customer base across the globe.
This is an amazing time to be joining CAV™ Systems. We are proud of our unique proposition and our success to date and we are very optimistic about achieving our ambitious goals.