Buyer – Maternity Cover (12 months)
- Location: Consett, County Durham, UK
- Capacity: Full Time
- Apply by: 30th April 2021
CAV™ is the leading provider of ice protection and drag reduction technology to general aviation, commercial aerospace, and defence markets worldwide.
We are currently looking for a Buyer for our UK office that will responsible for the procurement of goods and services. Candidates should be familiar in the sourcing of engineering-specific components and able to effectively negotiate and communicate with suppliers. The purpose of the role is to reduce cost of goods & services while maintaining quality & delivery standards within service level agreements.
- Build strong customer / supplier relationships with all major suppliers, applying a lean focus whilst stabilizing price, reduce batch sizes and lead times.
- Continually improve procurement methods and drive down external spend.
- Identify new suppliers through competitive tendering processes, agree commercial terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
- Ensure the products are delivered on time in full to agreed specifications.
- Provide input into stock control activities, working out maximum and minimum levels as necessary to ensure we always have what is needed to satisfy our customers’ demands.
Key Performance Indicators
- Monitor supplier performance – quality & delivery
- Budget external spends
- Reduce external spend to agreed targets
- CIPS Level 4 (studying toward)
- Five years experience within manufacturing procurement
- Experience Working with ERP / APS systems
- Articulate, numerate, analytical with strong communication and negotiation skills
- Team player, proactive, energetic, able to deliver ‘continuous improvement’
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office)
- Engineering background advantageous
- AS9100 / working within a recognized Quality Management system
- Working knowledge of CSi
About CAV & Our Location
At CAV™ Systems we are proud to be an integral player in the Northern Powerhouse and that our European head office is based in Consett with easy access to Newcastle, Durham and the wonderful Northumberland and Lake District national parks. We are also privileged to have an American headquarters in Kansas to support our ever-expanding customer base across the globe.
This is an amazing time to be joining CAV™ Systems. We are proud of our unique proposition and our success to date and we are very optimistic about achieving our ambitious goals.
If you want to understand what it’s like to be part of our fantastic team and for more information on the new opportunities please email Louise Parkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the job description.
[Please note that we are not accepting CVs from agencies for this role and will not respond to such submissions]