- Location: New Century, Kansas
- Capacity: Full Time
- Apply by: 9th August 2019
CAV™ is the leading provider of ice protection and drag reduction technology to general aviation, commercial aerospace, and defence markets worldwide.
Working alongside aircraft engineers, CAV™ assist in the design, testing, analysis, manufacture, integration and approval of unique technology solutions to overcome critical safety challenges and increase the efficiency of flight.
- Responsible for working in a team environment to design and certify freezing point depressant ice protection systems.
- The candidate will be required to generate 3D CAD models and 2D manufacturing drawings, prepare reports (design reports, test plans, test results, etc), assist in the management of projects, prepare material for design reviews, and assist in configuration management of new and existing components.
- Close collaboration with the customer.
- Some travel in support of testing or on-site customer support is required (2-4 weeks per year).
- All work will be performed with close collaboration within the New Century Design team and the Design team in Consett, England.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Aerospace Engineering
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience with CAD software (SolidWorks and AutoCAD)
- 0-3 years of aviation experience
- Flexible, co-operative and pro-active approach to work, with attention to detail and accuracy
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with FAA CFR Part 23 regulations
- General knowledge of aircraft icing and ice protection systems
- Experience of performing MTBF and FMEA calculations/analysis
- Understanding of typical New Product Introduction practices and procedures
- Experience with MATLAB programming for engineering applications
At CAV™ systems we are proud to be an integral player in the Northern Powerhouse and that our European head office is based in Consett with easy access to Newcastle, Durham and the wonderful Northumberland and Lake District national parks. We are also privileged to have an American headquarters in Kansas to support our ever-expanding customer base across the globe.
This is an amazing time to be joining CAV™ Systems. We are proud of our unique proposition and our success to date and we are very optimistic about achieving our ambitious goals.
If you want to understand what it’s like to be part of our fantastic team and for more information on the new opportunities please email Louise Parkinson at email@example.com to request the job description.
[Please note that we are not accepting CVs from agencies for this role and will not respond to such submissions]