Engineering Intern – Design
- Location: New Century
- Capacity: Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Intern to join our highly skilled engineering design team in New Century.
Design Engineers are at CAV are primarily responsible for the application of the TKS Ice Protection System onto new aircraft platforms. This covers a wide range of tasks encompassing certification planning, Ice Protection System design, compliance demonstration as well as coordination & collaboration with both internal & external stakeholders while working in a team environment. With the support of an assigned mentor, you will work in all of these areas, undertaking a variety of both technical and administrative tasks.
You will also assist in the research and development of new IPS related technologies, this may include early-stage research and feasibility studies through to qualification testing and certification activities.
Within the role, you will:
- Generate 3D CAD models and 2D manufacturing drawings
- Support experienced engineers perform a variety of design processes in areas such as aerodynamics, thermodynamics & fluid mechanics
- Support the development & qualification of new technology such as sensors, controllers, pumps etc.
- Contribute to the creation of compliance documents such as test reports, design/analysis reports, safety assessments etc.
- Provide support for legacy programs to all stakeholders (manufacturing, operators, OEM’s)
- Assist practical work – building prototypes, assembling test rigs etc.
To be successful within this role, you will:
- Demonstrate your ability to produce new and original ideas and concepts
- Have the ability to build collaborative relationships with colleagues and customers
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Have strong organizational skills and a keen attention to detail
- Possess excellent problem solving skills
- Be self-motivated
- Value and promote rigorous documentation and recording of data
Be working towards a Bachelor of Science [US] or Undergraduate Engineering [UK] Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
3D & 2D CAD modelling software
Data analysis software such as Matlab
DAQ and control software such as NI Labview
To register your interest please contact
(Please note we are not accepting applications from agencies for this role).