- Location: Consett, County Durham, UK
- Capacity: Full Time
- Apply by: 17th September 2021
CAV™ is the leading provider of ice protection and drag reduction technology to general aviation, commercial aerospace, and defence markets worldwide.
Working alongside aircraft engineers, CAV™ assist in the design, testing, analysis, manufacture, integration and approval of unique technology solutions to overcome critical safety challenges and increase the efficiency of flight.
We are now looking for an HSE Coordinator to provide HSE support across the business, including liaising with HSE activity in the US subsidiary, working hand in hand with external consultants. This role will require the development and review of plans which support the delivery of the business strategy, company values and policies and procedures, and ensure health and safety remain at the forefront of colleagues’ minds.
- Support the building of a robust culture of compliance to all procedures and processes across CAV Systems.
- Help drive and maintain the continual improvement of employee health, safety and welfare as well as environmental management through communication, promotion and development.
- Assist management with responsibility for safety matters in the discharge of their responsibilities.
- Facilitate and coordinate policy development and maintenance.
- Provide hands on support regarding risk reduction activities.
- Manage compliance audit process and support timely close-out of non-conformances.
- Provide management information in a suitable format which allows ease of analysis and determination of root cause.
- Facilitate site emergency systems.
- Provide health and safety input as required into capital and operational expenditure projects.
- Liaise with Occupational Health to ensure that risk areas are identified and covered by pre- start and ongoing surveillance.
- Facilitate risk assessment activity and give guidance to others on the completion of risk assessments.
- Input into the production of safe systems of work.
- Understand and advise on current H&S legislation, guidance and best practice.
- Become an active member of Group and Works H&S Committees.
- Facilitate the arrangement of training for staff in all relevant areas of HSE, including first aid, fire control & associated / other procedures.
- Facilitate compliance with all manufacturing policies, procedures and systems.
- Conduct ASI (Area Safety Inspections) across the business.
- Provide support in investigations of incidents/accidents, near misses and other breaches of compliance.
- Provide the necessary support for liaison with clients, authorities, subcontractors and other relevant third parties on safety issues.
- Proactively defend personal injury claims to reduce insurance premiums and losses to the business.
- Possess minimum qualification of National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety – NEBOSH.
- Confident in advising managers and delivering on all aspects of health and safety management.
- Numerate and financially aware with the ability to produce reports and statistics as required combined with excellent presentation skills both formally and informally.
- Natural and credible influencer at all levels.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- Strong communication skills with a high standard of verbal and written English.
- Experience of prioritising a busy workload, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude.
- PC literacy and experience with MS Office applications.
- Strong ethics, integrity and trust.
- Professional and confident.
About CAV & the Location
At CAV™ Systems we are proud to be an integral player in the Northern Powerhouse and that our European head office is based in Consett with easy access to Newcastle, Durham and the wonderful Northumberland and Lake District national parks. We are also privileged to have an American headquarters in Kansas to support our ever-expanding customer base across the globe.
This is an amazing time to be joining CAV™ Systems. We are proud of our unique proposition and our success to date and we are very optimistic about achieving our ambitious goals.
If you want to understand what it’s like to be part of our fantastic team and for more information on the new opportunities please email Louise Parkinson at email@example.com to request the job description and application details.
[Please note that we are not accepting CVs from agencies for this role and will not respond to such submissions]