- Location: Consett, County Durham
- Capacity: Full Time
- Apply by: 31st March 2023
At CAV, it’s our vision to place CAV technology on every possible aircraft. We design, test, analyse and manufacture technology solutions for ice protection and drag reduction in the aviation and aerospace sectors.
Since 1942, we have delivered exceptional aviation solutions for light aircraft to commercial airliners and developed a reputation for innovation and excellence.
We’re now looking for a Machine Operator to work with our team based in Consett, County Durham.
Within this role you will work as part of a team to manufacture and assemble ice protection panels and systems using specialised machinery and tools.
As a Machine Operator you will:
- Set up and operate laser, inspection and surface processing machinery
- Carrying out dressing and rework operations as required
- Working with production teams to ensure efficient flow of raw materials, stock and product throughout the facility and between CAV sites
- Follow engineering drawings and work to tight tolerances to ensure quality standards are achieved
- Operate a range of hand tools and large machinery in line with our Standard Operating Procedures
- Adhere to strict Health and Safety practices.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have previous experience in machine operation (e.g. CNC operation, milling machines, lathes, laser cutting machines)
- Always work safely, complying with safety requirements
- Carry out the role effectively and efficiently
- Have meticulous attention to detail and work in line with quality standards
- Generate ideas which promote process improvement
- Have good communication skills
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated and reliable.
At CAV Systems we value diversity and an inclusive work culture.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and avoiding discrimination in any form.
Current day shifts are Monday to Thursday, 37.5 hours each week.
If you are driven by a job well done and you think you have what we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please contact our HR team at email@example.com
Please note we are not accepting enquiries or applications from agencies for this role.