Maintenance Engineer / Technician
- Location: Consett, County Durham, UK
- Capacity: Full Time
- Apply by: 17th September 2021
CAV™ is the leading provider of ice protection and drag reduction technology to general aviation, commercial aerospace, and defence markets worldwide.
Working alongside aircraft engineers, CAV™ assist in the design, testing, analysis, manufacture, integration and approval of unique technology solutions to overcome critical safety challenges and increase the efficiency of flight.
We are now looking for a Maintenance Engineer to support manufacturing operation by performing reactive and planned maintenance activities on a wide range of equipment. The Maintenance Engineer will work on projects alongside other departments to improve site safety and efficiency, and liaise with external contacts as required.
- Building maintenance across multiple sites.
- Advise and contribute to site maintenance activities.
- Generate ideas which promote process improvement.
- Maintain safety, compliance and regulatory standards.
- Implement improvements effectively and efficiently.
- Time served, trade related NVQ 3 / HND
- Health and safety training (General awareness, IPAF, Working at height)
- 3-5 years working in a manufacturing environment whilst involved in maintenance activities
- Positive and respectful attitude
- Can work independently as well as part of a team
- Must be computer literate
- Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of 17th edition
- Working knowledge of brake presses, laser welding.
- Good IT skills (MS Office)
- Knowledge of Maintenance based IT packages
About CAV & the Location
At CAV™ Systems we are proud to be an integral player in the Northern Powerhouse and that our European head office is based in Consett with easy access to Newcastle, Durham and the wonderful Northumberland and Lake District national parks. We are also privileged to have an American headquarters in Kansas to support our ever-expanding customer base across the globe.
This is an amazing time to be joining CAV™ Systems. We are proud of our unique proposition and our success to date and we are very optimistic about achieving our ambitious goals.
If you want to understand what it’s like to be part of our fantastic team and for more information on the new opportunities please email Louise Parkinson at email@example.com to request the job description and application details.
[Please note that we are not accepting CVs from agencies for this role and will not respond to such submissions]