- Location: Consett, County Durham, UK
- Capacity: Full Time
- Apply by: 27th May 2022
At CAV Systems, it’s our vision to place CAV technology on every possible aircraft.
The only supplier of fluid-based ice protection systems globally, CAV has operated as a critical technology and manufacturing partner to major commercial OEMs since 1942 and has developed has a reputation for innovation and excellence.
We design, test, analyse and manufacture technology solutions for ice protection and drag reduction to general aviation, commercial aerospace and defence markets worldwide.
Based at our headquarters in Consett, County Durham, the maintenance technician will support our manufacturing operation by carrying out reactive and planned maintenance activities on a wide range of equipment and facilities. You will work on projects alongside other departments to maximise efficiency of our production capabilities. You will conduct frequent quality reviews on equipment to check if any maintenance is required, liaising with external contractors where needed. You will also ensure that all relevant safety regulations are adhered to and carry out general maintenance duties within each of our manufacturing and head office sites.
The role offers a salary of £25,000 – £27,000 depending upon experience plus benefits.
Potential candidates should have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Significant experience of delivering maintenance solutions in a manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to work independently as well as being an effective as part of a team
- Health and safety awareness and training in IPAF and Working at Height
- Computer literate, with a working knowledge of MS Office
- Ideally hold NVQ Level 3 in Maintenance Engineering or the equivalent time-served experience.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be delivery focused – with both resilience and drive to succeed
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated and reliable
- Use good communication skills to work with internal and external contacts
- Have meticulous attention to detail.
About CAV & the Location
At CAV Systems we value diversity and an inclusive work culture. We are committed to equality of opportunity and avoiding discrimination in any form.
We are proud to have our European head office based in Consett, with easy access to Newcastle, Durham and the wonderful Northumberland and Lake District national parks. We are also privileged to have an American headquarters in Kansas to support our ever-expanding customer base across the globe.