- Location: Consett, County Durham, UK
- Capacity: Full Time
CAV™ is the leading provider of ice protection and drag reduction technology to general aviation, commercial aerospace, and defence markets worldwide.
Working alongside aircraft engineers, CAV™ assist in the design, testing, analysis, manufacture, integration and approval of unique technology solutions to overcome critical safety challenges and increase the efficiency of flight.
We are now looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to assist in the development of new products, processes and machines to support the launch of new products and to deliver productivity improvements around existing processes. The department is involved in the installation and monitoring of manufacturing equipment to enable product assembly as well as resolution of daily process concerns. Technical support is also provided to the production function on existing/legacy products and processes.
- Improvement/optimization of existing production processes that reduce costs, increase quality or expand existing capability using LEAN methodologies.
- Ensuring new or modified production processes have been sufficiently validated (in terms of functionality and H&S) prior to introduction/launch
- Identify, develop and implement new bespoke manufacturing equipment/machinery/jigs & fixtures as required to achieve agreed.
- Identifying production risks, mitigation actions and contingency plans.
- Deliver and implement capital projects to cost and within timeframes.
- Provision of necessary production pre-requisites such as CNC programs, process routing, and SOPs.
- Degree level or equivalent i.e. Apprenticeship, HND qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- 5 years industrial experience in a similar role.
- Confident in utilising methodologies such as MINITAB, 8D or similar to analyse data accurately and provide solutions.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Able to build collaborative relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Keen attention to detail
- · Can produce new and original ideas and concepts.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Self motivated.
- Values and promotes rigorous documentation and recording of data.
- Quality systems to AS9100, IS09001 or similar.
- Implementation of LEAN methodologies in a manufacturing environment.
- Microsoft office (word, Excel, Visio).
- Manufacturing processes (punching/forming/laser welding/testing/extruding.
- 3D & 2D CAD modelling software.
- Degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical engineering.
- 5 years’ experience in the Aerospace sector.
- Working knowledge of in-flight icing.
- .Composite (CFRP) manufacturing processes.
- Polymer compounding, mixing & extrusion.
- Data analysis software.
About CAV & the Location
At CAV™ Systems we are proud to be an integral player in the Northern Powerhouse and that our European head office is based in Consett with easy access to Newcastle, Durham and the wonderful Northumberland and Lake District national parks. We are also privileged to have an American headquarters in Kansas to support our ever-expanding customer base across the globe.
This is an amazing time to be joining CAV™ Systems. We are proud of our unique proposition and our success to date and we are very optimistic about achieving our ambitious goals.
If you want to understand what it’s like to be part of our fantastic team and for more information on the new opportunities please email Louise Parkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the job description.
[Please note that we are not accepting CVs from agencies for this role and will not respond to such submissions]