- Location: Consett, County Durham, UK
- Capacity: Full Time
- Apply by: 31st July 2019
CAV™ is the leading provider of ice protection and drag reduction technology to general aviation, commercial aerospace, and defence markets worldwide.
Working alongside aircraft engineers, CAV™ assist in the design, testing, analysis, manufacture, integration and approval of unique technology solutions to overcome critical safety challenges and increase the efficiency of flight.
We are now looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to assist in the development of new products, processes and machines to support the launch of new products and to deliver productivity improvements around existing processes. The department is involved in the installation and monitoring of manufacturing equipment to enable product assembly as well as resolution of daily process concerns.
- Review customers and stakeholders’ requirements and identify opportunities to improve service or product.
- Identify, develop and implement new bespoke manufacturing equipment/machinery/jigs & fixtures as required to achieve agreed.
- Process/safety improvements.
- Deliver and implement capital projects to cost and within timeframes.
- Support/Lead Shop floor improvement events using LEAN methodologies.
- Support manufacturing processes and identify solutions to production/customer failures utilising 8D methodology or similar.
- Complete machinery risk assessments in compliance with PUWER 98 regulations.
- Develop improved and/or updated SOP`s in line with changes to processes/new product launch.
- Comply with Health and Safety and COSHH regulations and identify improvements in way of working.
- Degree level or equivalent i.e. Apprenticeship, HND qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- 5 years industrial experience in a similar role.
- Confident in utilising methodologies such as MINITAB, 8D or similar to analyse data accurately and provide solutions.
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Able to manage capital projects- to develop concepts, carry out preliminary design reviews and critical design reviews in liaison with stakeholders.
- Commercially focused.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Quality systems to AS9100, IS09001 or similar.
- Completion of machinery and chemical safety assessments using PUWER 98, COSHH.
- Implementation of LEAN methodologies in a manufacturing environment.
- Microsoft office (word, Excel, Visio).
- Manufacturing processes (punching/forming/laser welding/testing/extruding
- Degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical engineering.
- 5 years’ experience in the Aerospace sector.
- RADAN – sheet and metalwork
- Fluid Mechanics
- Material Properties & Treatments
- Polymer manufacture
About CAV & the Location
At CAV™ Systems we are proud to be an integral player in the Northern Powerhouse and that our European head office is based in Consett with easy access to Newcastle, Durham and the wonderful Northumberland and Lake District national parks. We are also privileged to have an American headquarters in Kansas to support our ever-expanding customer base across the globe.
This is an amazing time to be joining CAV™ Systems. We are proud of our unique proposition and our success to date and we are very optimistic about achieving our ambitious goals.
If you want to understand what it’s like to be part of our fantastic team and for more information on the new opportunities please email Louise Parkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the job description.
[Please note that we are not accepting CVs from agencies for this role and will not respond to such submissions]