- Location: Consett, County Durham, UK
- Capacity: Full Time
- Apply by: 1st October 2021
CAV™ is the leading provider of ice protection and drag reduction technology to general aviation, commercial aerospace, and defence markets worldwide.
Working alongside aircraft engineers, CAV™ assist in the design, testing, analysis, manufacture, integration and approval of unique technology solutions to overcome critical safety challenges and increase the efficiency of flight.
We are now looking for a Marketing Manager to take responsibility for the development and delivery of marketing for the business, executing programmes and campaigns for CAV’s individual technologies, services and audiences.
The Marketing Manager will build CAV’s brand within the aerospace industry, promote CAV technologies and capabilities, drive engagement with target audiences, generate leads and manage the delivery of tradeshows.
This is a hands-on role with responsibility for creating and driving marketing collateral, initiatives, advertising and communications programmes. This includes management of; the website and related content, design of digital content and advertising, product launches, demand generation activities, thought leadership campaigns, audience communications, and tradeshow displays and advertising, and associated budgets.
Candidates should possess five years’ B2B marketing experience with strong writing skills, a knowledge of graphic design, aptitude for budget allocation and administration, and the ability to understand and communicate complex engineering and technology concepts in an engaging manner.
Sense of humour, self-motivation and hunger for creative solutions essential.
- Lead development of the annual marketing strategy in line with the business plan and activities.
- Oversee strategy plan development and implementation, providing input and counsel regarding advertising campaigns, direct communication campaigns, content plans and media strategies.
- Identify key target markets and audiences and optimise strategies accordingly.
- Clearly differentiate and position CAV’s products, technology, and services to distinct audiences.
- Track industry perspectives and trends and provide guidance on product positioning and brand awareness.
- Drive integrated marketing approach and integration of campaigns, media buys, sponsorships, content, and PR across communications channels.
- Lead the development and delivery of thought leadership activities to position CAV as experts in ice protection and drag reduction technologies.
- Consistently communicate the value and benefits of CAV technologies to pilots, owners, fleet operators, MROs, FBOs, OEMs and regulatory organisations.
- Build relationships with installation partners to promote TKS.
- Develop a yearly tradeshow plan and execute the booking, stand design, collateral creation and associated communications.
- Manage colleagues for required input and resources whilst adhering to CAV values.
- Drive knowledge transfer and collaboration within and across team and with OEMs and agency partners.
- Engage and oversee advertising agency and business partners on strategy, creative development, production, and optimization.
- Manage and forecast spend and budgets to optimise ROI.
- Act as the brand guardian across the entirety of the business and with external partners, stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Maintain strict and consistent CAV brand identity across programs and channels.
- Ensure colleagues strict adherence to brand identity standards.
- Maintain, create, and update website content.
- Maintain existing suite of brand collateral including brochures, graphics, signage, posters, and stationery.
- Develop and deliver content plan, including the creation of website articles, multimedia, emails, and social media posts.
- Write and design new content and collateral as required.
- Assist colleagues in the provision of brand materials, presentations and collateral for promotion and lead generation across direct channels such as LinkedIn.
- Manage printing of brochures, signage and other brand and promotional materials.
- Engage with relevant agencies for the creation of animation, film, and graphics.
- Measure and document owned and paid advertising and communications impact and drive continuous improvement in content and placement.
- Make recommendations on improvements.
- Participate in regular sales and review meetings.
- Proactively engage with HR manager to support the embedding of company values across business operations and collateral and maintain brand consistency in communications.
- Oversee the development, writing and design of CAV’s internal magazine.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Five+ years’ B2B marketing and communication experience.
- Experience and knowledge of the manufacturing industry.
- Proven experience executing and optimizing marketing campaigns.
- Demonstratable delivery of successful content, PR and advertising campaigns.
- Experienced using CRM and digital marketing and analysis tools.
- Budget management
- Highly organized, detail orientated and proficient at managing multiple projects.
- Strong writing skills with a high standard of verbal and written English.
- Print design and editing capability: Adobe Creative Suite.
- Numerate and financially aware.
- Excellent presentation skills both formally and informally.
- Strong IT skills.
- Champion of diversity.
- Creative thinker.
- Engaged, enthusiastic, resilient, and persistent.
- MA or MSc in science or comms based subject.
- Filming, scripting, and editing capability.
About CAV & the Location
At CAV™ Systems we are proud to be an integral player in the Northern Powerhouse and that our European head office is based in Consett with easy access to Newcastle, Durham and the wonderful Northumberland and Lake District national parks. We are also privileged to have an American headquarters in Kansas to support our ever-expanding customer base across the globe.
This is an amazing time to be joining CAV™ Systems. We are proud of our unique proposition and our success to date and we are very optimistic about achieving our ambitious goals.
If you want to understand what it’s like to be part of our fantastic team and for more information on the new opportunities please email Louise Parkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the job description and application details.
[Please note that we are not accepting CVs from agencies for this role and will not respond to such submissions]