- Location: Consett, County Durham
- Capacity: Full Time
- Apply by: 31st October 2022
At CAV, it’s our vision to place CAV technology on every possible aircraft. We design, test, analyse and manufacture technology solutions for ice protection and drag reduction in the aviation and aerospace sectors.
Since 1942, we have delivered exceptional aviation solutions for light aircraft to commercial airliners and developed a reputation for innovation and excellence.
We’re now looking for a Production Operator to work on our Brake Press with our team based in Consett, County Durham.
Within this role you will operate the Brake Press machinery to form panels within a tight tolerance, hand marking press points in line with engineering data, and manually measuring parts. Previous experience in this area would be beneficial.
Previous experience of sheet metal work, fabrication and hand-manipulation of materials would also be ideal.
Within the role you will:
- Work as part of a team to manufacture and assemble ice protection panels
- Follow engineering drawings and work to tight tolerances to ensure quality standards are achieved
- Operate a range of hand tools and large machinery in line with our Standard Operating Procedures
- Adhere to strict Health and Safety practices
To be successful in the role you will:
- Always work safely, complying with safety requirements
- Carry out the role effectively and efficiently
- Have meticulous attention to detail and work in line with quality standards
- Generate ideas which promote process improvement
- Have good communication skills
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated and reliable
At CAV Systems we value diversity and an inclusive work culture.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and avoiding discrimination in any form.
If you are driven by a job well done and you think you have what we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you.