Research & Design Technology Engineer
- Location: Consett, County Durham, UK
- Capacity: Full Time
- Apply by: 16th August 2019
CAV™ is the leading provider of ice protection and drag reduction technology to general aviation, commercial aerospace, and defence markets worldwide.
Working alongside aircraft engineers, CAV™ assist in the design, testing, analysis, manufacture, integration and approval of unique technology solutions to overcome critical safety challenges and increase the efficiency of flight.
We are now looking for a REsearch and Design Technology Engineer to develop new products, processes and machines and support the development of improvements around existing products, processes and machines.
- Work closely with customers and stakeholders to identify requirements and develop concepts, carry out preliminary and critical design reviews to agreed timelines.
- Develop new and innovative products.
- Develop new and innovative methods of manufacture.
- Create and present technical reports to all customers/stakeholders.
- Manage and deliver agreed packages of development work from specification to completion.
- Develop and improve on existing products and methods of manufacture as required.
- Deliver all capital projects in line with budget and on time.
- Comply with Health and Safety and COSHH regulations and identify improvements in way of working.
- Degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Good understanding of Fluid Dynamics.
- Excellent working knowledge of CAD design and the production of drawings for manufacture.
- Five years industrial experience in a similar role.
- Confident in utilising recognised.
methodologies to analyse data accurately and provide solutions.
Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Able to build collaborative relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Able to manage capital projects.
- Manufacturing processes.
- Commercially focused.
- Demonstrate a curiosity about possibilities.
- Is able to produce new and original ideas and concepts.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good Presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Quality systems to AS9100, IS09001 or similar.
- Microsoft office (word, Excel, Visio).
- Five years’ experience in the Aerospace sector.
- Experience of machine design and development.
- Fluid mechanics
- Laser drilling
- Laser welding
About CAV & Our Location
At CAV™ Systems we are proud to be an integral player in the Northern Powerhouse and that our European head office is based in Consett with easy access to Newcastle, Durham and the wonderful Northumberland and Lake District national parks. We are also privileged to have an American headquarters in Kansas to support our ever-expanding customer base across the globe.
This is an amazing time to be joining CAV™ Systems. We are proud of our unique proposition and our success to date and we are very optimistic about achieving our ambitious goals.
If you want to understand what it’s like to be part of our fantastic team and for more information on the new opportunities please email Louise Parkinson at email@example.com to request the job description.
[Please note that we are not accepting CVs from agencies for this role and will not respond to such submissions]