Supply Chain Manager
- Location: Consett, County Durham, UK
- Capacity: Full Time
- Apply by: 31st July 2019
CAV™ is the leading provider of ice protection and drag reduction technology to general aviation, commercial aerospace, and defence markets worldwide.
Working alongside aircraft engineers, CAV™ assist in the design, testing, analysis, manufacture, integration and approval of unique technology solutions to overcome critical safety challenges and increase the efficiency of flight.
We are now looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join our Operations team to take responsibility for material control processes, inventory management, forecasting, vendor selection, management, scheduling and planning.
- To plan & actively manage the schedules of bought in components to deliver the highest levels of customer service & responsiveness to achieve our gross margin target.
- Co-ordinate supply management activities to manage the monthly business planning process Supply chain management including purchase order processing and supplier agreements.
- Manage material availability, capacity & constraints for weekly KPI reporting
- Complete all analytics and trackers which deliver continuous improvement across the whole supply chain.
- Manage a team consisting of purchasing, scheduling, logistics and stores
- Work closely across multi departments to ensure effective NPI processes
- Support our Manufacturing Managers to plan and manage production requirements.
- Issue and track works orders and coordinating weekly production meetings.
- CIPS Level 4 / IoSCM member
- Engineering background
- 5 years within Manufacturing Supply Chain managing a multi functional team
- Working with a recognised Quality system – AS9100 advantageous ISO 9001 minimum
- Articulate, numerate, analytical with strong communication and negotiation skills
- Team player, proactive, energetic, able to deliver ‘continuous improvement’
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Working knowledge of ERP/APS
About CAV & the Location
At CAV™ Systems we are proud to be an integral player in the Northern Powerhouse and that our European head office is based in Consett with easy access to Newcastle, Durham and the wonderful Northumberland and Lake District national parks. We are also privileged to have an American headquarters in Kansas to support our ever-expanding customer base across the globe.
This is an amazing time to be joining CAV™ Systems. We are proud of our unique proposition and our success to date and we are very optimistic about achieving our ambitious goals.
If you want to understand what it’s like to be part of our fantastic team and for more information on the new opportunities please email Louise Parkinson at email@example.com to request the job description.
[Please note that we are not accepting CVs from agencies for this role and will not respond to such submissions]