Supply Chain & Parts Manager
- Location: New Century, Kansas, USA
- Capacity: Full Time
- Apply by: 21st February 2020
CAV™ is the leading provider of ice protection and drag reduction technology to general aviation, commercial aerospace, and defence markets worldwide.
We are currently looking for a Supply Chain and Parts Manager for our US office. Working as a direct liaison to customers customers and potential customers regarding their parts requirements you will manage all material control processes, inventory, forecasting and expediting (with associated metrics).
- Plan & actively manage schedules of bought-out and transferred components to deliver highest levels of customer service & responsiveness.
- Oversee all Inventory management activities – maintenance of stock levels to ensure full support to all Spares & Repairs requirements, Cycle counts, inventory control, FIFO, Min/Max requirements etc.
- Oversee all warehousing activities – goods receipt & dispatch, kitting.
- Direct communications with customers to understand and refine needs, provide quotations, receive Purchase orders and ensure On-Time delivery.
- Work/ Co-ordinate with sales team for quotations and PO processing.
- Manage all metrics relating to On-Time delivery, On-Time Supply, Inventory value, obsolescence & Slow-Moving stock.
- Ensure all site systems & processes follow the requirements and capabilities of the ERP system, whilst working in a highly regulated environment.
- Develop & maintain product knowledge.
Key Performance Indicators
- On-Time Delivery to customers and On-Time Supply from Vendors.
- ERP system & process understanding & full transactional management & compliance.
- Strong working relationship with UK team for all transferred items – management/ negotiation of all supply requirements with UK colleagues.
- Inventory management to agreed KPI’s.
- Timely response to all external customer enquiries & requests.
- Evidence of working safely and to company and statutory guidelines.
- Relevant APICS (Association for Supply Chain Management) or ISM (Institute for Supply Management) certification/ qualification.
- Min 3 years’ experience within Supply Chain management roles.
- Working within a highly regulated environment – e.g. ISO9001.
- Customer service experience.
- Articulate, numerate, analytical with strong communication & negotiation skills.
- Team player, proactive, energetic, able to deliver ‘continuous improvement’.
- Excellent working knowledge of ERP Systems, Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel).
- Working knowledge of AS9100/ experience of working in an AS9100 governed environment.
About CAV & Our Location
At CAV™ Systems we are proud to be an integral player in the Northern Powerhouse and that our European head office is based in Consett with easy access to Newcastle, Durham and the wonderful Northumberland and Lake District national parks. We are also privileged to have an American headquarters in Kansas to support our ever-expanding customer base across the globe.
This is an amazing time to be joining CAV™ Systems. We are proud of our unique proposition and our success to date and we are very optimistic about achieving our ambitious goals.
If you want to understand what it’s like to be part of our fantastic team and for more information on the new opportunities please email Louise Parkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the job description.
[Please note that we are not accepting CVs from agencies for this role and will not respond to such submissions]