Innovating on the leading edge since 1942, CAV Systems has a lot to celebrate. The only supplier of fluid-based ice protection systems globally and the leading supplier of laser perforated surfaces, CAV has systems installed in over 100 different aircraft variants.
CAV continues to invest in new innovations and capabilities, likewise we are equally proud of our heritage, as these snippets from our fact file illustrate:
- CAV with Central Airlines was awarded Flight Into Known Icing (FIKI) certification for the Aero Commander 500B aircraft in 1994
- This was a “First”, under the FAA process for an applicant, other than an airframe manufacturer, to gain FIKI certification. CAV has subsequently repeated this process many times, an achievement still unmatched by any other company.
- Over the past 28 years, CAV has been the primary partner in 15, FAA/EASA FIKI certification programs. On all programs CAV provided airframe, propeller, and windshield ice protection. This is more than one every other year!
- Between 1994 and 2022, the CAV team completed more clean sheet FIKI certification programs than any other single company /corporation in the world.
- More FIKI aircraft are fitted with CAV equipment each year than any other single brand of ice protection equipment.
- There has never been an icing accident or incident resulting from flight in icing conditions with a CAV system certificated for Flight Into Known Icing conditions.
- TKS is the market’s highest performing in-flight ice protection system.